Saturday, March 17, 2007

Stuck

(By way of explanation, not to complain. I've come to terms with it.)

It's been an interesting last few days.

It was supposed to be a busy last few days. According to my plan, I should have moved into my new apartment on Thursday, hastily settled in, and then met Raj at the airport on Friday. Having spent the weekend together, I was supposed to begin work on Monday as he became a member of the food co-op and cooked lovely meals for me to eat on my return.

Instead, my apartment move-in got delayed until Friday, then until next Thursday. As kind as Rachel and Andy have been, I would like to leave their living room eventually, and the apartment delays were more than a little frustrating. This also meant that Raj would need to find housing; thankfully, his best friend lives in the area, and has the luxury of a guest bedroom.

But this would also require that Raj makes it to New York, which, also, was delayed, due to the snowstorms along the Northeast yesterday. (It was 69˚ on Wednesday, amazingly enough.) So now he'll be coming Sunday.

And I will start work on Monday, with suitcases in four apartments and weeks of anticipation anticlimactically muddled by the fact that I am still, frustratingly, stuck.

2 comments:

  1. Those things all sound very frustrating. Hope it all gets worked out soon and good luck on Monday!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. how come no more postings in your blogspot after "stuck"?

    aaaaaaappppppppppppaaaaaaaa

    ReplyDelete