Monday, December 3, 2007

Second Look

I've been sick for the last few days, which means I've had a lot of time to read and learn today. Among the interesting things I've stumbled upon:

  • A persuasive argument that Edwards would make the best president, put together by Steven Kirsch. I was led to Kirsch by this article in the New York Times which summarizes, in two pages, his entrepreneurial background, his philanthropy, and his fight against cancer.

  • Physics for Future Presidents, recommended to me by a friend a few years ago, rediscovered through the internet. A bit silly that I'm listening to podcasts of a course I could have taken in person, but better late than never. And, interestingly enough, I think I'm getting more out of it now. I downloaded the audio lectures from iTunes Music Store, but you can get the video from Google Video, or both from the course website mentioned above. An SF Chronicle article about the popularity of the course here.

No comments:

Post a Comment